Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Maryland

I was awarded over 20K in a family settlement case (abstract of judgement). The defendant naturally has not paid a dime. So I filed for wage garnishment. After all the frustration in the court and endless paperwork I received my first bi-weekly payment of a whopping $32. At this pace I will be reimbursed in 65 years. Longer if we count for 7% interest. Is there any other recourse I can take? This is so incredibly ridiculous. The system appears to be biased towards the wrongdoer, not the one seeking justice. I would appreciate any expertise you can lend in this matter. Thank you

Asked on 9/01/15, 9:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kathryn McDonough Kathryn McDonough

There are other options that may be available to you including an oral examination, garnishing a bank account, filing liens, etc. You should speak to a collections attorney in the State, and preferably County, where you reside. If you reside in the MD/DC area, you may contact my law firm Andalman & Flynn if you would like to discuss this matter: (301) 563-6685.

Read more
Answered on 9/01/15, 10:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Maryland