Legal Question in DUI Law in Maryland

I was cited in Worcester County, MD for pocession of an alcoholic beverage while being under the age of 21. I'm only 17. The officers cited all 28 of us and arrested the 5 people living in the condo because of a noise complaint. There were at least 11 of us outside when the police showed up and there were no alcoholic beverages outside. They didn't breathalyze anyone, but did not allow us to leave without a citation. The officer didn't even sign my citation. I wasn't referred to any number or given a court date. What should I expect from the juvenile services? And when should I hear from them?

Asked on 6/12/12, 1:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Welch William L. Welch, III Attorney

The Department of Juvenile Services might have you do drug and alcohol awareness counseling and community service, or DJS might refer your case to the State's Attorney's Office for prosecution. If referred for prosecution, you would have the right to a lawyer. If you cannot afford one, apply to the Office of the Public Defender.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/12, 5:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Maryland