Legal Question in Military Law in Maryland

I applied for a job as a security guard but when the criminal background check came back there was a theft charge from 1996, and I didn't know the charge was on my record. Because this incident happened when I was in the navy. Now I have called the navy and was told that the record has been detroyed. But my potentional employer wants the disposition of the case and what has happened. I also need to get it expunged as well.

Asked on 8/25/10, 11:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Phillip M. Cook Cook Legal Services, LLC

If you want the job, you need to comply with the company's requirements. I would hire a Maryland criminal defense attorney to help you with this. It will save you a lot of time and aggravation. You should also be prepared that this will not be resolved in a couple days time.

Best of luck.******The above is for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client privilege.*******

Read more
Answered on 8/30/10, 12:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in Maryland