Legal Question in Military Law in Maryland

I wanted to seek a lawyer for a case for the basis of "defamation of character" regarding a civilian reporting a military member with all false accusations that led to the military member being discharged. is this enough basis for this, and will the military release records of investigation to a lawyer to assist in the case after the member becomes a veteran? also what would the rate be for the military member to hire such a lawyer?

Asked on 2/08/12, 5:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Patrick Tracy Patrick J. Tracy, Esq, P.E.,

There are a number of theories that may be available to you. I am not admitted in Maryland nor do I know all of the facts of the case. Thus, I can only speak in general terms. A personal injury attorney or a labor relations attorney may be your best resource for this case. If the person was a member of the media, more than likely you should seek a personal injury attorney.

Without more information, I cannot advise you further. Records can be obtained by subpoena from any court of competent jurisdiction. Good Luck!

A Vet of Vietnam.

Read more
Answered on 2/08/12, 6:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in Maryland