Legal Question in Personal Injury in Maryland

I was in a car accident almost 3 years ago in the State of Maryland. The party that hit me admitted fault (and the police report reflected this). It's been almost 3 years now (we have already submitted damages, doctors bills ,etc) and the insurance adjuster hasn't made an offer (our lawyer did request a specific amount). Does this process normally take this long? or should I seek legal representation elsewhere? This make no sense at all.

Asked on 10/04/18, 11:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cedulie Laumann Arden Law Firm, LLC

Maryland law requires that suit be filed in a specified amount of time (usually 3 years) or claims are forever time barred. If no settlement monies have been received and it is approaching 3 years you are strongly encouraged to speak with your lawyer (or seek a second opinion) about filing suit. Keep in mind that if you switch lawyers mid-process the first lawyer will likely still have the right to get paid something out of any recovery.

While not legal advice, I hope that this general information helps.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/18, 11:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Maryland