Legal Question in Traffic Law in Maryland

i got a speeding ticket n forgot too go to the commissioner is it too late

Asked on 3/14/13, 9:22 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Jason Cleckner Law Office of Jason Cleckner, LLC

What do you mean go to the commissioner? You don't have to go to the commissioner for a speeding ticket, you have to request a trial or pay within 30 days.

Read more
Answered on 3/14/13, 5:26 pm
William Welch William L. Welch, III Attorney

If the offense were not jailable, then you may either go to the court clerk and pay it or ask for a court date. Hopefully you can accomplish this before MVA suspension license. If it is a jailable offense, then a bench warrant might've been issued for your rest. Perhaps the court would recall it, if you have a good reason for missing court. If not, then you are supposed to surrender. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. Consider seeking a confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Beware that online posts are not confidential. If somehow the prosecution were to find your post, then it might be used in evidence against you.

Read more
Answered on 3/15/13, 8:56 am
G. Joseph Holthaus III Law Offices of G. Joseph Holthaus

You may not have appeared in Court and can possibly have a re-scheduled hearing. In the meantime you may have adverse reporting on your driving record and/or a hearing may be in progress before the Office of Administrative Hearings. Contact me for representation. 410 750 2567.

Read more
Answered on 3/15/13, 4:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Maryland