Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Maryland

How does my mother take her trailer park and put it into her 3 sons name or put it into a LLC or LLP

Asked on 9/17/10, 2:26 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Phillip M. Cook Cook Legal Services, LLC

She hires a Maryland attorney who practices real estate and general business law to prepare the appropriate documents, explain them (benefits and consequences, you must take the bad with the good), and help her execute them. She simultaneously hires a Maryland accountant/CPA, who can explain the tax consequences of doing so and work with the attorney to prepare the correct documents.

Best of luck.*******The above is for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client privilege.*******

Read more
Answered on 9/22/10, 2:33 pm
David Bocchino The Law Office of David Bocchino LLC

I can only echo the sound advice given by Mr. Cook, to hire a Maryland attorney to explain to your mother the implications of what she is going to do, draft the documents, and help her execute and record them properly. The CPA is also going to be important, again as explained by Mr. Cook. If you need assistance, my office does this type of work.

David E. Bokeno, Esq.

The Law Offices of David Bokeno, LLC

P.O. Box 347

Abingdon MD 21009


Read more
Answered on 9/23/10, 7:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Maryland