Legal Question in Consumer Law in Massachusetts

we had new doors and windows installed last spring. We recently discovered that unknown to us they removed framing material around the doors because the doors they ordered were to big for the opening. they never pulled a permit and the framing is not up to code. we've contacted them and they wan't us to sign a release before they will fix what they admit on the phone is wrong. the release says they were not done wrong and that they are only fixing them for customer satisfaction, also it says we promise not to sue them. We arn't comfortable letting them off so easy. they have dragged this out for months and won't fix the work until a release is signed. We feel like they are trying to bully us. is this standard verbage as they claim or are they covering there A#$%#.

Asked on 12/13/10, 12:50 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Warren Wood Law Offices of Warren Wood

You need a strongly worded letter from your attorney to assist in this matter. You do not have to sign their release to get this work corrected. File a complaint with the licensing board and the AG's office. Then have your attorney write them. This should straighten them out. Good Luck.

Read more
Answered on 12/18/10, 1:02 pm
Joseph Murray Joseph M. Murray, Esq.

Retain an attorney to assist you in this matter. Good Luck!

Read more
Answered on 12/21/10, 1:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Massachusetts