Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Massachusetts

Good Morning,

I just received notification that I am being sued by the state of Massachusetts by Discover card for a past due debt? Do I need an attorney? I have 20 days to respond. Thank you.

Asked on 11/10/18, 7:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher Vaughn-Martel Charles River Law Partners, LLC

You should hire an attorney to defend or to settle the debt on your behalf. You do not need to hire an attorney. Make sure that you file an answer to the complaint - asserting any defenses and counterclaims that you believe you have against Discover Card - before the 20 days is up. File it with the court and mail a copy to the plaintiff's attorney.

Read more
Answered on 11/11/18, 6:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Massachusetts