Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Massachusetts

What is my recourse to a student who is defaulting on the loan I co-signed and am paying for?

Asked on 6/04/16, 10:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jed Berliner L J Berliner

Not much. You can sue the student but that's likely of no help. If the student had money, s/he would be making the payments.

You signed so you are liable to the lender. Make the payments if you can. If you can't, wait to be sued by the lender (likely National Collegiate Student Loan Trust) and then see an attorney who knows the special raise.

Jed Berliner

Read more
Answered on 6/05/16, 9:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Massachusetts