Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Massachusetts

Hi, I am resident of Austin, TX. I loaned (have the loan document - used an online website to draft it) a friend $28,000 who stays in Massachussets. I got a document notarized with him and his spouse while sending the check.

They paid interest for 5 months and later stopped paying. It's been two years. Sometimes they don't pick up the call...sometimes they pick the call and say they are working on it. They said they will pay after they get the tax refund. But they are not picking up the phone. I have their name, address, ssn and other details.

I would like to take a legal action to recover the money.

Asked on 6/03/16, 10:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

L. Jed Berliner Berliner Law Firm

Massachusetts is a small state but large enough for more than one lawyer to cover. Where does the friend(s) live?

Read more
Answered on 6/03/16, 11:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Massachusetts