Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

Joint Child Custody in MA from Seattle

My son is 11 yrs old and his and I share Joint Legal custody in the state of MA, deemed in 1992 (physical is with father). My son has been getting into serious trouble at school (6 susp., 15 days out sick, 29 discipline reports), and last night my son told me his dad was arrested and possibly convicted last year of possession/dealing marijuana. I am considering requesting an amendment to the physical custody status. I live in Seattle, WA. I know I need to start arrangements in MA, but I need more information.

Asked on 6/25/01, 4:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Pransky Law Office of Alan J. Pransky

Re: Joint Child Custody in MA from Seattle

I suggest that you contact the school and get information about your son. You can order a criminal records report on your ex

husband to find out if he was convicted of a drug offense. You will have to litigate this in Massachusetts and be prepared to

appear in court in Massachusetts to present your case.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/01, 9:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts