Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

In Massachusetts, if you sign over your rights to your child, do you still have to pay child support?

Asked on 9/14/17, 4:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Pransky Law Office of Alan J. Pransky

Massachusetts, as a rule, does not let parties sign away their parental rights and child support obligations. Massachusetts does allow it if another person adopts the child thereby taking over the parental obligations. Massachusetts also allows it as settlement of a case, brought by Massachusetts, against a parent for child abuse. Other than that you can't waive your parental rights.

Read more
Answered on 9/14/17, 8:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts