Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

Question about co-parenting

My ex-wife and I were recently divorced. I have a new girlfriend that my daughter seems to like, however my ex-wife doesn't. My ex-wife has threatened to take away my rights under our joint physical and legal custody though our daughter is not being physically or mentally hurt by either myself or my girlfriend.

My question is, under what grounds can joint legal and physical custody be modified in the Commonwealth of MA?

Asked on 5/07/13, 5:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Pransky Law Office of Alan J. Pransky

The standard for changing custody is a material change of circumstances that warrant a change due to the best interests of the child. Unless there is more to the story than you have presented, I doubt that a Judge would change custody arrangements because your ex-wife doesn't like your girlfriend.

Read more
Answered on 5/07/13, 6:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts