Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

My son has two children with his girlfriend. They bought a house together but did not make any type of agreement between them before they bought house. We need to know what his legal rights are since the relationship has soured.

Asked on 10/15/18, 2:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher Vaughn-Martel Charles River Law Partners, LLC

You should probably speak with a lawyer about the specifics of your son's situation and his goals. Does he want to keep the house and buy her out? Does he want to sell his interest to her? Are they looking to sell? If one of them wants to sell the property, but the other does not, there are legal mechanisms to force a sale (and often a buyout). My office may be able to help. Regards, Christopher Vaughn-Martel (617) 357-4898.

Read more
Answered on 10/17/18, 7:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts