Legal Question in Immigration Law in Massachusetts

Hello, I'm here on A2 visa and married a few months ago a us citizen. I have to leave my work by the end of the month so I want to change my status and get a green card so that we can stay together. We came back a few days ago from a visit at my country and I entered with my A2 visa. Do we need to wait before applying the status change?

Asked on 11/03/16, 8:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Evan Taras Bokshan Bokshan Law Firm

There is no rule as for how long to wait on A2 status before changing status but the nature of your visa requires additional waiver to waive diplomatic privileges and immunities. You should contact an immigration attorney.

Read more
Answered on 11/09/16, 10:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Massachusetts