Legal Question in Immigration Law in Massachusetts

Hi, my husband is a US citizen but the USA/Canada immigration needs to verify how long he has lived in house and want "customer reference" letter from our Electrical company which tells them how long he's been a customer and if he pays the bill on time. Why would they (Canada) need this info. Thanks

Asked on 4/19/13, 11:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

It's not U.S. Immigration that is requesting that information; it's Canada.

As I only practice U.S. Immigration Law, I cannot assist you with Canadian Immigration Law. However, I assume that Canada wants to make sure he does not have the intent to immigrate to Canada.

If you have trepidation in submitting this information, then you should contact a Canadian Attorney.

Read more
Answered on 4/20/13, 8:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Massachusetts