Legal Question in International Law in Massachusetts

I am looking to set up a firm in the USA, though I am a foreign national from the UK (currently completing an engineering masters degree at MIT). I am looking to set up a company while here, though am aware that I would be unable to earn any money from my own firm here. Therefore I'm looking to incorporate the firm abroad, potentially in Ireland due to the low corporate tax rates. Would I need a physical office in Ireland to complete this, and would I also need to incorporate a firm in the USA?

Asked on 2/03/14, 8:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

If you do business in the USA it is best to have a US entity here and not register the foreign entity in each state you intend to do business. . In Ireland you can arrange for a registered agent and that Agent can act as your local office.

If you would like to meet and discuss your options without oligation, I would be happy to meet with you. I am a Sloan Fellow from the class of 1989.

I can't be more helpful without more information as to the type of business you intend to open. .

Read more
Answered on 2/03/14, 8:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More International Law questions and answers in Massachusetts