Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Massachusetts

is it normal to have to get written permission from your bank to sell your house

Asked on 5/03/19, 11:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher Vaughn-Martel Charles River Law Partners, LLC


In one example I can think of off the top of my head, if you are living in an affordable unit, the town or city may require certain certificates and other paperwork in order to sell your property. If you are trying to sell your house without paying off your loan, i.e. transfer to a family member or friend or partner, then the bank would certainly want to have permission.

Hire a lawyer!

Read more
Answered on 6/08/19, 5:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Massachusetts