Legal Question in Business Law in Michigan

My brother and I have a partnership which owns a commercial building. He wants to buy my half and I do not want to sell at this time. Can he force me to sell or take my half? We are in Michigan

Asked on 2/01/17, 4:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas R. Morris Silverman & Morris, P.L.L.C.

A lawsuit could be filed to dissolve the partnership and to have a receiver appointed to wind up the business. While your partner/brother might not be able to force you to sell out to him, it is possible to force the sale of the property. An attorney would need more details about the matter in order to properly advise you.

Read more
Answered on 2/01/17, 8:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Michigan