Legal Question in Business Law in Michigan

I am currently working in Montana. The company I work for is in Nebraska. My domicile is in Michigan. If this company cheats me out of some money, and also violates my rights, what state court would have jurisdiction to file my action?

Asked on 11/01/15, 10:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas R. Morris Silverman & Morris, P.L.L.C.

Nebraska. Probably Montana, if the company employs you there. Possibly Michigan if they recruited you there and have "minimum contacts" with Michigan. The attorney who is going to represent you will need more facts.

Read more
Answered on 11/02/15, 6:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Michigan