Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Michigan

I have a default judgement ($45,000-$50,000) against me that is not expired. I am on disability soc. sec. with two minor children, husband/father is deceased, I do not own my home. I want to know if I get an upside down loan for a used vehicle, can/would they take my vehicle, leaving me with the loan payments and no vehicle.

Asked on 8/17/17, 11:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jesse Sweeney Sweeney Law Offices, P.L.L.C.

In theory they could take the car, but you could avoid this by filing bankruptcy in all likelihood.

Read more
Answered on 9/14/17, 5:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Michigan