Legal Question in Criminal Law in Michigan

I lived with a man for a few months, and I put his name on my bank accounts. Within two months he spent about $40,000. Most of this money he spent without my knowledge. Is there any way I can get some of my money back?

Asked on 2/01/11, 5:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lynn Dorio Lynn D‘Orio, JD, PLC

Try filing a police report. If the prosuctor thinks it is a good case, the man will be charged. If convicted, he'd be ordered to pay you restitution. Or you can sue him in civil court. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 2/08/11, 1:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Michigan