Legal Question in Criminal Law in Michigan

nephew is in jail in Gensee/Flint. He is being charged with assault, & assault with a deadly weapon, & armed robbery. Prior charge while adult possession of cocaine & possession of precription drugs/pills.

I need to know guidelines, the minium & maxium of the charges he is faceing.

He has a court appointed lawyer, who we told to him to fire, because the lawyer said "he is screwed & your getting life" They have not even requested a line up!

Asked on 6/22/11, 2:57 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Charles Kronzek The Kronzek Firm PLC

We can meet with your son tomorrow morning in the Genessee County jail. Call us immediately at 1 866-766-5245 if you want to hire somebody to fight for him.

You can read more about our statewide criminal defense team at:

Read more
Answered on 6/22/11, 3:11 pm
Daniel Hajji Daniel Hajji & Associates

The calculations for the Michigan sentencing guidelines can be found online. Calculating them may be difficult if you're not a criminal defense attorney in Michigan.

But more importantly, if your nephew is not satisfied with his present attorney, he ought to retain the best criminal defense attorney he can afford.

Best of Luck.

Daniel Hajji & Associates, Attorney At Law

Read more
Answered on 6/22/11, 3:13 pm
Eric Nelson Chapterhouse P.L.L.C.

Your nephew is facing Class A felony guidelines. His PV(previous record) should be in the 20's. His OV(offense variables) are hard to determine from the details you provided. Given what is known, a conviction could result in approximately 15 to life. Keep in mind that the court appointed attorney is required to follow your nephews instructions in regards to pleas, and whether or not to proceed to trial. If he is not happy with the response he is getting from his attorney, I would be more than happy to represent your nephew in his defense. If you have more questions, feel free to call, or email.

[email protected]


Read more
Answered on 6/23/11, 11:54 am
Jules Fiani Law Offices of Jules N. Fiani

You should speak directly with a lawyer to walk you through the process of what you should do.

Visit or call 810-227-7200 for more information.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/11, 10:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Michigan