Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

My husband and I have not had any relationship with each other for over 3 yrs., but we live in the same home. We purchased a mobile home but my name is on the title. He hasnt held a job at all. I brought him over to US from Canada 10 yrs ago and now I'm going to file for divorce. With him not working in over a yr and I'm paying the bills, how to I legally get him out of here and keep my home. He used me to come to US for medical reasons . Thats what I've been told lately.

thank u

Asked on 1/29/10, 5:06 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Charles Kronzek The Kronzek Firm PLC

Your divorce attorney can ask for a court order to get him out of the house.

Read more
Answered on 2/03/10, 5:11 pm
Stuart Collis Collis, Griffor & Hendra, PC

You need to file your divorce and then file a motion for sole use of the marital property.

Read more
Answered on 2/03/10, 5:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan