Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

My husband and I have been separated for 2 years. We have a son who 6 years old and lives with me full time. My ex hardly ever sees him or provides for him. I'm looking to move out of state and I think my ex will try and block me from moving with my son because he wants to control me. Would it benifit to move 1st and establish residency in the other state and then apply for divorce? Can the court decide on my relocation if I've already moved?

Asked on 6/02/15, 8:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

If you leave the state with the child, it is very possible your husband could get a court order to bring the child back here. Hire an attorney to give you advice. You can read more at

Read more
Answered on 6/02/15, 8:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan