Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Michigan

My 80 yr old cousin who I am co-guardian of & caring for has been demed incapicated due to mild dementia-She had given her only child durable poa when she first became hospitilized. It has now come that he is miss appropating funds & abandoning her & taking money. She is admitt that he be removed. Is there a way to petition the court on her behalf to have him removed & replaced??

Asked on 8/04/18, 6:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Tatone John R. Tatone & Associates PLC

As conservator you will be able to proceed in court against the person who misappropriated the funds. A conservator should be appointed to handle your cousin's money. A guardian generally only handles the persons healthcare and self care. You may be the correct person to be appointed conservator. It must be done by filing a petition with the probate court requesting same. Please contact me if you would like to discuss this matter in more detail.586-580-8850

Read more
Answered on 8/05/18, 4:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Michigan