Legal Question in Business Law in Minnesota

A verbal agreement was made in MN. to receive bi- monthly payments until such agreement was ended.

This was for representing a company for sales. Started out, at first, the checks were coming as scheduled,

but due to various reasons at their end, checks were pushed back, days, weeks, and now many months.

As I was not an employee, a sales rep, what recourse do I have to collect. Well over $8,000 due.

Agreement ended by them on Nov 17 with no mention of paying money owed. Company in Ramsey, MN

owners address in Rogers, MN

Asked on 12/01/17, 4:28 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Anderson Anderson Business Law LLC

Have a Business Attorney immediately send Demand Letter .

If no response immediately bring action for payment in CC Court

Read more
Answered on 12/02/17, 3:46 am
Morgan Kavanaugh Wilkerson & Hegna, PLLP

Minnesota has a prompt payment statute for commissioned sales people. The statute provides for a double penalty of amounts owed if not paid within 15 days of termination, along with the possibility of an award of attorney's fees. You should retain an attorney right away to bring a lawsuit against this company, as you have rights. Feel free to give me a call to discuss further at 952-897-1707.

Read more
Answered on 12/04/17, 7:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Minnesota