Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

I was charged with 3rd criminal sexual conduct. I took a plea April 24 th, 2017 for 78 months in prison. I had sat 8 months trying to fight it and not end up in a prison term. I gave in because county attorney let me out for 30 days before I go to prison. The charge I have is not true. I need advice. I can't take back my plea or it could get worse. A lot of issues about this case dont make sense.

Asked on 5/20/17, 3:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

There is no simple solution. You may file a Motion to withdraw your plea. If you do so, you would be back to facing a trial and potential conviction and jail time consistent with Minnesota Sentencing Guidelines. Those are your choices. If you seek to withdraw your plea, there is no guarantee the Judge will allow it without a demonstration of a a manifesto injustice.

Read more
Answered on 5/20/17, 4:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota