Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

i am on probation in MN for a felony drug offense, arrested with less than a gram of cocaine. I moved to WI without informing my PO,. I have received a letter through my former room mate stating i am required to show in court for not reporting/complying with the terms of my probation, they do not know I'm living in WI. what should I do?

Asked on 5/26/14, 2:09 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

I urge you to confer privately with a MN licensed attorney and she/he can assist you with this. The problem you describe is not uncommon to experienced attorneys in this area. You ought not post details on a public website. In my experience, people who are 'hiding from the law' feel a very high level of nonstop stress. Tricia Dwyer Esq. Minnesota Criminal Defense Attorney, Minnesota Probation Violations Attorney, Minnesota Arrest Warrant Law,, phone 612-296-9666 every day of the year until 6 p.m.

Read more
Answered on 5/26/14, 6:03 am
Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

You should immediately retain counsel. Probation violations on a felony drug offense may result in severe penalties including execution of any prision time stayed. There are many ways to contest or mitigate alleged violations.

For a FREE consultation call 612-240-8005,

Read more
Answered on 5/27/14, 6:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota