Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

i have to report to the workhouse, i am self employed, I have given them my taxes, a 1099 and proof of liability insurance. they are asking for contracts with pricing, can they legally do that? They ask for 3 items to prove that i have a business. and i have provided the 3.

Asked on 6/12/20, 6:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas C. Gallagher Gallagher Criminal Defense

It's best to try to work with the person at the workhouse (county jail) in charge of work release. That person has a great deal of discretion. Theoretically, you could have your lawyer try to intervene including with the judge. But the judge will tend to support the workhouse's requirement unless unusually outlandish.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/20, 10:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota