Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

as a teen I was convicted of a criminal felony charge. I would like to know if I can have that particular charge amended and how to go about doing that? Thank you.

Asked on 11/26/21, 1:03 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Thomas C. Gallagher Gallagher Criminal Defense

No. Only a prosecutor can amend a charge, and they would do that (if at all) before conviction.

Read more
Answered on 11/26/21, 2:32 pm

As mentioned, a charge cannot be amended after a conviction. Depending on several factors an expungement or other relief may be available.

Read more
Answered on 11/27/21, 9:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota