Legal Question in DUI Law in Minnesota

I have been paying restitution for a financial crime against a person. That person has now died. Will I now have to pay the money to his children(all adults), or will I be done?

Asked on 3/27/11, 10:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Kane Law Offices of Robert D. Kane, Jr.

I do not have experience with this issue, but I did want to make some general comments. Initially, you will probably be liable to the victim's estate. Then perhaps the debt will be transferred to an heir. Since the restitution is probably a condition of your probation you should discuss this with your probation officer.

Read more
Answered on 3/28/11, 9:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Minnesota