Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

Am being accused of being the father of a 5 year old am just finding this thru a court ordered paternity test in the mail also within the same week as the paternity test also a Summons to appear in child support court in the state of Minnesota,like I said am just finding this out I never signed the ROP and the state is threatening me with jail time and child support ,how is this legal and what rights as the man being accused do I have and can they really throw me in jail?

Asked on 4/02/18, 5:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Kane Law Offices of Robert D. Kane, Jr.

There has to be more to the story. Perhaps, the mother was pursuing this matter without serving you. The state wouldn't do this unless something was already on the books. Do you have an address where you could have been served? You obviously need an attorney to assist you.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/18, 3:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota