Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

My Ex-Wife is VP at a large Company in Minnesota. Is it legal for her to use Deferred income to reduce child support payments?

Asked on 7/24/16, 11:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. The answer to this question will depend upon fuller facts of the matter being known. 'Deferred Income' is a type of income but the exact meaning of the term in some particular instance can and does vary. So you know there is provision in law which addresses the matter of wrongful willful actions (on the part of the person who is to be the payor of support) aimed at reducing or evading one's child support obligation.

Read more
Answered on 7/24/16, 12:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota