Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Minnesota

Hi I am inquiring I had a tubal ligation done back in November of 2011. Two weeks after my surgery I was having problems pain, a lot of bleeding and just had a lot of discomfort and bloating. I tried numerous times to see he surgeon but he didn't see me. Didn't even tell me about the surgery only that my left tube was plugged. I made numerous attempts but had no luck the only thing he would do is run a pregnancy test and wouldn't see me. I tried to get in to see my regular physician but couldn't but I got into a nurse practitioner. She read me the reports on the surgery it said my left tub wasn't attached. She went down to see him and all he said was run another pregnancy test and run some STD tests on her. She apologized to me about these tests as she knew I was upset. Later I didn't get into see my regular physician. He came in and said before we talk about your health we need to discuss this complaint you are filing. I told him I didn't think I was treated fairly and with the problems I was having it didn't get better. He then informed me they couldn't help me. I ended up going to another clinic and had a total hysterectomy done. My left ovary had a tumor and my right ovary was so embedded with endometriosis it was attached to the wall. The surgeon I had said he was so sorry and this never should have happened this way. He said it was one big mess. I would just like to know what I should do if I should just let it go and try to forget about everything.

Asked on 5/28/13, 1:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. I suggest you should have an attorney review and evaluate this matter, and, if you choose to do so, you should act immediately, because legal matters of this sort are subject to rigid time deadlines for initiating action ('statutes of limitation'). Most likely you would feel more comfortable having a woman attorney assisting you. Some attorneys, myself included, are available seven days for emergency legal needs. All the best.

Read more
Answered on 5/28/13, 6:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Minnesota