Legal Question in Workers Comp in Minnesota

I am in the final stage of a workers comp suit. One of the health service providers has refused to accept the final negotiations from the worker comp attorney for amount owed. This has gone on for almost 4 months. I have enrolled in school and been accepted. I was first accepted in April of this year. Because this suit has not been finished I have had to re-enroll 5 times and am now scheduled to start on Oct 3. I need the suit to be finished to help pay for my schooling. I fear that they will not settle this till who knows when and I will not be able to attend school. What can be done to get this over finally? The injury happened 12/13/2006, almost 5 years dealing with this.

Asked on 8/30/11, 8:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Atkinson Thomas Atkinson

I assume that if you are working on settlement of a Minnesota workers compensation case you are represented by an attorney who is very experienced in workers compensation matters. If not, I am concerned that you may not be receiving fair compensation for your injury. There are methods to settle around health care providers and your attorney can explain them. If he or she can't then they may not be the right attorney for you and you should look around. Feel free to contact me at 651-414-0678.

Read more
Answered on 8/30/11, 9:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Minnesota