Legal Question in Workers Comp in Minnesota

I was hurt at work about 8 or 9 years ago. My doctor told me at that time that the pain I was having I would have to live with it. It has hurt ever since then and I just take pain pill. Can I go back and sue or get anything out of this now?

Asked on 12/15/09, 12:09 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Thomas Atkinson Thomas Atkinson

You may very well still qualify for workers compensation benefits. I would need some more details. Give me a call 651-324-9514

Thomas Atkinson

Read more
Answered on 12/20/09, 5:49 pm
Donald Kohler Donald W. Kohler, Attorney at Law

If the workers' compensation insurer paid medical expenses, the statute of limitations is tolled. If not, the statute is 6 years if a first report of injury was not filed and 3 years if a first report was filed. The first step is to determine if medical bills were paid for treatment 8 - 9 years ago. If so, you still have a viable claim. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Read more
Answered on 12/21/09, 6:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Minnesota