Legal Question in Criminal Law in Mississippi

My fianc´┐Ż has no prior criminal history. Unfortunately she was in a bad situation and her bond is set at 300,000. I have gotten a lawyer to represent her in court however I am still wanting answers on to how long she going to have to be in there? Will I really have to come up with 300,000? If it gets lowered how much would it be then? I am just seeking answers.

Asked on 2/25/16, 8:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Wayne Woodall Wayne Woodall Attorney

Ethically an Attorney cannot respond to your inquiry because you are already represented by Counsel. The reason for that is that your current counsel is probably much more familiar with the facts surrounding your finace's case and if a stranger provides you with general advice, the advice given may be completely and totally inaccurate due to other factors which are unknown to the Attorney who is responding in this media. Therefore you are advised to contact YOUR attorney, and he or she will probably be in the best position to advise you of the factors the Court will consider when setting bond and the prospects of obtaining a lower bond or having your fiance' released.

Read more
Answered on 2/25/16, 9:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Mississippi