Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Mississippi

Estate and Claims

Part 1

Someone filed a claim against my father's estate. She was awarded the claim by the Chancery Court of Claiborne County, MS. Can I fight this claim.

Part 2

My father's estate lawyer is threatening to dismiss me as the administator of the estate if I do not sign the check. Can he do this?

Asked on 1/16/09, 9:13 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Gregory Turza Law Offices of Gregory P Turza

Re: Estate and Claims

There are not enough facts in your post to allow a reply. It sounds like a full history should be taken. The major confusion of your post is that the attorney for the estate is YOUR attorney if you are the administrator of that estate. You make him sound like an adversary.

Read more
Answered on 1/16/09, 3:25 pm
Jay Goldenberg Jay S. Goldenberg

Re: Estate and Claims

If this claim is based on a judgment in MS then under the Constitution it must be recognized in every other court without refighting.

The attorney cannot dismiss you as administrator -- he may want to fire you as a client by filing a motion for leave to withdraw.

Read more
Answered on 1/16/09, 4:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Mississippi