Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri

warrant for my arrest

I did not know I had a bad check out , 12/23/2005 I did not receive a summons, failure to appear 1/06 and now warrant is issued, found on case net ---what can I do? not sure what area of law to put

Asked on 6/08/07, 3:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Re: warrant for my arrest

If I were you, I would hire an attorney immediately. The attorney would then have the warrant recalled, or vacated, and enter his or her appearance for you in the pending criminal court case. If the attorney can not sucessfully defend the charge(s) against you, then the attorney will negotiate a plea bargain to obtain the best possible result. It will be your decision to take a plea bargain or go to trial, but you should follow your attorney's advice. I do personally handle many cases like yours, so you may call me for a consultation.

Read more
Answered on 6/08/07, 2:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri