Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

so me and my spouse will be getting a divorce in the near the future and we are both still at home. he has one minor child that lives with us from a previous marriage as do I and then we have one together. I refuse to leave the house. He was awarded the house in his previous divorce and told to have the mortgage put in his name and he never has. it is still in his ex wife and moms names. he claims the house is his because he makes the payments, however, I have made some payments as have other people. he only does so when he is in a good mood or his mom gets onto him. my spouse is very toxic and narcissistic, has been for a long time. (I didn't catch onto that until much later after we were married.) what steps do I need to take right now to keep me and kids in the house and safe and when we do go to court, is there anyway to have him proven that he is abusive mentally, that he has narcissistic tendencies. we live in Missouri which is a no fault state so I know the court wont deal with issues of adultery or domestic issues.

Asked on 1/16/19, 9:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Consult with and hire an attorney as soon as you can. If you are in my area I might be able to help you myself. I’ve been handling this type of case for more than 40 years. You can call me at 314-727-2822 for a free telephone consultation.

Read more
Answered on 1/17/19, 5:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri