Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

my daughter was hit head on by a drunk driver with 3 dwi and a suspended lisence on christmas eve. her car was totaled she sustained sever injury to her right hand and wrist and her right foot that reqiured surgury. she will be unable to work for at least 2 month and she is the main wage erner in the home. she has 2 children 2 and 3. the tree year old is disabled and reqiured extensive personal and medical care. what can she do to make sure that the insurasnce co for the drunk driver takes care of her and the family.

Asked on 12/31/09, 6:23 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

John Anderson Anderson & Associates

Your daughter needs an attorney. I would suggest that we talk ASAP. My name is John Anderson,my office # is 314-621-5534, my cell # is 314-518-0232. I can meet you at your home or my office or anywhere you would like. I have been handling serious injury cases for 35 years and have been blessed with great results. The first thing we would do is get my investigator to take recorded statements from all witnesses, take photos of the scene and vehicles. We would then file suit, meet with all the doctors to find out what the future medical needs would be. You can also contact me by email at [email protected] Our website is We would be honored to take care of your daughter and her children. I can give you the names of a number of attorneys who trust us with their family and friends and their difficult cases. God Bless.

Read more
Answered on 1/05/10, 7:18 am
James Manning James Manning, PC

Top value on a case like this is almost always acheived by utilizing the civil litigation system. What this means is that it would be in your daughter's best interest to hire an attorney who has experience in this particular area. I would be glad to help as would any number of personal injury attorneys throughout the state. Do not sign anything without at least consulting an attorney to determine if you are obtaining a fair recovery. Do not hesitate to call for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 1/05/10, 7:57 am
Michael Harvath Harvath Law Offices-INJURY case representation

Hi. I am very sorry to hear about this unfortunate incident, but I am also thankful to hear that your daughter did not receive critical injuries. I am a Missouri attorney out of St. Louis that focuses exclusively on auto accident and work injury cases and I have handled many cases in these areas. A few additional details would allow me to make a determination of the potential value of your daughter's case. She will be entitled to payment of any and all medical expenses incurred from treatment of any inuries resulting from the accident, compensation for her lost wages, due to time missed from work, payment for any expenses for alternate transportation, payment for the value of her totaled car, future medical expenses, and an amount for pain and suffering. I do not charge any fee whatsoever up front to handle this type of case. These cases are handled on a "contingency" fee, meaning that my fee is based on a percentage of the total amount that I recover for your daughter. Unlike many attorneys, my rate is very negotiable. In other words, I will work with you to reach an agreement that you are completely satisfied with, in regard to the percentage charged on the total recovery. This will result in your daughter receiving a significantly larger proportion of the compensation paid by the other insurance company. I never charge to discuss the case and assess the potential value of the case with you. Moreover, I am highly accessible. You can feel free to contact me evenings until 9pm, or weekends as well, if these hours are more convenient for you. My phone is (314) 471-5585. If it is more convenient, you can simply e-mail me at [email protected], and I will get right back to you.

I will actually be in your area tomorrow afternoon and evening, based on the zip code of "63129" you provided in your question. If you can send me a quick e-mail or call, I will meet with you tomorrow for a bit and obtain a few more details and explain this process in full to you. Thank you and God bless.


NOTE: This answer is for educational purposes. The use of this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship or privilege between the user and the attorney responding.

Read more
Answered on 1/05/10, 4:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri