Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Missouri

grandmother has permanent guardianship of her grandson. The mother has never provided for the boy who has lived with his grandparents all his life. The mother is a felon persistent dui/alcohol and has been in rehab for a year. She is now out of rehab and has filed for termination of guardianship. She has rented a small house (for 3 mos.). Says she is cured & wants her son. Is it likely she will win the boy even if she has only been sober 12 mos & out on her own for only 3 mos.? The boy is 11 yrs. old.

Asked on 10/11/15, 8:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Without seeing the documents, and knowing more of the relevant facts, it is impossible to predict if the Motion will be successful. If the Grandmother is concerned, she should consult directly with a probate or family law practice attorney, in her area.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 10/11/15, 11:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Missouri