Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Missouri

my husband was cut out of his mothers will after his dad committed suicide leaving his portion to go to his kids, and his other siblings because she was mad at him. can she do this leave nothing to her son? can he protest it?

Asked on 11/08/15, 3:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

If the will is somehow invalid or improperly executed, he can file a will contest. He has a very short time after her death to do this. However, testator's have a general power to exclude adult children from their will. If his mother is still living, there might be time to reconcile.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 11/11/15, 11:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Missouri