Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Missouri

I have been named executor in the wills of both parents. They are no longer married. Is there a way I can reject being the executor before they die? I made it very clear to both of them, I would refuse before they made their plans. Where do I find the form to reject the role after death as they will not have probate?

Asked on 5/21/19, 3:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Yes, you can decline serving as personal representative. You may find a form on your Probate Court’s website, or by starting at the Supreme Court’s website. Or, you might contact the alternate or successor personal representative directly.

Read more
Answered on 5/22/19, 10:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Missouri