Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Missouri

I have power of attorney for my sister who is deceased and a copy of her will, do I need to go to probate court, I live in Michigan she was a resident of Missouri

Asked on 10/01/14, 8:07 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joseph Burcke Joseph R. Burcke, Attorney at Law

A power of attorney dies with its Grantor. Thus, if your sister passed with assets titled in her name alone, there will need to be a probate in order to transfer title to those entitled to inherit under her will. I will be happy to help you probate your sister's estate. Please feel free to call me at 314-863-7493 if you would like my help.

Joseph R. Burcke

Read more
Answered on 10/01/14, 8:26 am
Anthony Smith LawSmith

If by chance, your Sister lived on the West side of Missouri, I would be happy to discuss what you need to do. You can contact me by email.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 10/01/14, 6:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Missouri