Legal Question in Elder Law in Nebraska

Geriatric Delinquent Nightmare

My aging father, he's 77, has become a geriatric delinquent monster.

He covered up the rape of my late mother by a politician, stole my handgun and assault rifle and given them to who knows who, lied about it all, and more.

As a faithful son, I never questioned by father. But as he ages and his brain deteriorates, I find myself sleepless all the time worrying about who is taking advantage of his agedness and how he is hurting himself or others.

He may have given the guns to gang members. One is an AK47, another a .45.

I am 42 years old and the man treats ME like a child. He lies to me constantly. I can't believe a word he says, NOT ONE WORD!

His church may be behind some of it, but I can't tell.

My mother has been gone for years but now he has a girl friend. He is no lady's man. He's a dork and I wonder if she is a gold digger knowing he is a millionaire, or so he claims. I do not know his financial value.

He told me he let a PI rob him of $11,000.00 a few years back. He let that slip. He has been scammed by others, too, I'm certain. He won't tell me.

He says he's perfect, never made a mistake in his life.

I know he's sick.

Can I force him to get psych eval?

He won't do so voluntarily.


Asked on 2/20/08, 6:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Tarvi n Tarvin Law Office

Re: Geriatric Delinquent Nightmare

You need to file a petition for guardianship. The court will then evaluate whether he needs to be tested for competency.

Read more
Answered on 2/20/08, 6:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Nebraska