Legal Question in Family Law in Nebraska

Married in Vegas but live in Nebraska. Do we have to divorce in Vegas or can we do that in Nebraska?

Asked on 8/29/10, 10:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Aaron Suero Pedersini Aaron Suero Pedersini -

You can do that in Nebraska if you meet the requirements. Among others, you are required to be a resident of Nebraska for at least one (1) year prior the filing. Also, the dissolution of marriage may be filed in either county in which the spouse resides and there is a 60 day waiting period after the dissolution is filed until the court will grant the dissolution. (Nebraska Statutes - Chapter 42 - Sections: 342, 349)

Another option, if you are both consenting to the divorce; both will sign the necessary documents and at least one of you (either you or your spouse) will appear before the judge on the day of the hearing, than you might be eligible to file for a fast divorce by mutual consent in the Dominican Republic. For more information, visit

Read more
Answered on 9/03/10, 2:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nebraska