Legal Question in Family Law in Nebraska

Nebraska's Abandoned Children

The parents who abandoned their children in Nebraska were supposedly safe from prosecution. From whom? the government, or authorities? Can another parent angry with what these kids have had to go through file a civil law suit?

Asked on 12/04/08, 10:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Re: Nebraska's Abandoned Children

Not unless you are a parent of one of the children. You do not have standing.

If you want to do something about this, why not adopt one of the children or a set of siblings.

As a parent I am disappointed this could happen, but in some of these cases, the children may be better off if good people like you choose to help the children.

Read more
Answered on 12/04/08, 10:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nebraska